Thursday 19 September 2013

Shubh Aarambh - A colourful, makeshift Onam Pookalam and a delightful Sadya!

Hello....

This is my first post and have no idea how to start! We moved to the UK three months back and my husband, my 3 year old doll and I have, well.. As Dr Sheldon Cooper would say it... 'found our spot!'. :-) We've moved into our home-sweet-home, my husband has got busy with work and deadlines and travel and all that blah regarding work, which I'm blissfully out of now,  my girl has started nursery and me.... Well, I've finally found time to doodle!! :-)  (I hope I sound as happy as I feel!) I decided to go all out and have a great time for all of us by planning a nice Onam. Which I kinda did! :-)

A traditional Onam rangoli is done with flowers, flowers and more flowers! I really wasn't sure how cooperative my doll would be with an effort as much as that it would involve and since it would also mean leaving her alone to her devices ( which in my personal interest, I wasn't keen on!!). So, I introduced a variant... Water colours :-)  and what a great idea that was!! It takes as much time, but it's more colourful and more importantly kept my girl happily busy! I did the border colours and madam helped me with the complete colouring! :-)   Here is how it looked:-)




And I also managed to cook up a decent feast... Here is what I managed :-)  The recipes are all traditional and standard, nothing exotic!

That's it for now... I had been itching to post so that I start off! Now I'm gonna be regular! :-) 










15 comments:

  1. Super awesome, babes!!! N yeah the sadhya looks adipoli :-) keep posting..happy posting..I'll definitely comment - for sure I will..great start..keep going..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vidya, thanks da! :-) will do that!

      Delete
    2. Hey Vidya, thanks da! :-) will do that!

      Delete
  2. Hey Hi Babes, super duper you....loved your idea of water colour Pookalam and the delightful sadhya....wish you all the very best for blogging and more over to that the adventure that you seek...in all little little things....hugs, kisses & chimtee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so proud of you !! Awesome start .. Delicious and creative :)
    Looking forward to the next posts ...all the best nd lots of muah to the doll !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, Priya.. thanks da... Surely hope to be regular and keep posting!:-)

      Delete
  4. Hey Rama super start liked ur pookalam .... And sadhya is toh mouthwatering.... Looking forward for ur themed navratri decor ....neha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Neha:-) hope I'll do a good job with that! :-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome start...congrats!!! N yes the blog is sounding as happy as u r!!! Keep them coming ...
    The idea of using water colours is simply superb!!! N great way to involve Akshata too..
    Rekha
    Ps: the first comment of adipoli is not by me��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danku danku :-) :-) I did not know putting up a comment would be mind boggling!! Thanks for your encouragement :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy posting Rama. Great start!! Looking fwd to your next post. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Though I'm not able to see who this is... Please put your name so I'll know whose kind words these are :-)

      Delete
  7. Very impressive beginning! I am not too sure as to who should take the credit for the 'Pookkalam' - you or Akshata as I am sure your doll must have completed most of it!! Amazed at your culinary skills and the ability to manage so many dishes coz I have not had the privilege to savour such dishes.
    It is very important to have 'My Time' and am glad that UK is doing a world of good for you and your family. Keep posting ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow gr8 start Rama.The idea of Rangoli is so amazing it looks like fun and learning for your daughter..food too looks delicious..All the best

    ReplyDelete